Joanna Gaines has cooked up a challenge for home bakers and it debuts Sunday on the Magnolia Network, Discovery+ and the rebranded Max streaming service.
The first season premieres with back-to-back episodes starting at 7 p.m. Sunday. New episodes will drop each Sunday through June 25.
In each of the season’s six episodes, five contestants will compete in front of a live audience at Chip and Joanna Gaines’ shopping complex in Waco. They’ll be tested by several guest judges and Magnolia talent, including Andrew Zimmern, Zoë François, Casey Corn and Abner Ramirez. Chip Gaines will drop in on occasion throughout the season.
The winners will all be brought together in the sixth episode on June 25 with a chance to compete for a $100,000 prize and to have their winning confection join the menu at Magnolia’s Silos Baking Co. through Sept. 4.
Joanna Gaines’ competition show was tested last June and again in December.
In addition to the Silos Baking Competition, the Magnolia Network will roll out five new seasons of returning series and four new series.
The couple rose to fame after their pilot aired in 2013 on HGTV. They struck a joint venture with Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. to form Magnolia Network, which features original programming, including new Fixer Upper: Welcome Home episodes as well as Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines, a cooking show.
Read more about Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Chip and Joanna Gaines move Magnolia into new downtown Waco headquarters
- The Gaineses may be exploring the sale of a stake in Magnolia
- The Gaineses’ realty firm to open two new locations in North Texas
- Gaines-founded realty firm will open Grapevine office
- Chip and Joanna Gaines of ‘Fixer Upper’ have a relative running for Grapevine-Colleyville ISD school board
- Gaineses’ filming ‘Fixer Upper’ again, and a Fort Worth entrepreneur will star in a new Magnolia Network show
- Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Network is live
- Chip Gaines of HGTV sensation ‘Fixer Upper’ is getting his own store
- Chip Gaines had dreams of baseball stardom before HGTV fame
- Opinion: It’s not possible to achieve the success of Chip and Joanna Gaines while putting family first
- What we know so far about the Gaineses’ return to TV on the Magnolia Network
- Joanna Gaines moves a little more upscale with some exclusives for Anthropologie
- Why Chip and Joanna’s (and Fixer Upper’s) exit matters to viewers