If you love the convenience and intimacy of audio, and value The Dallas Morning News’ local journalism, we have more options than ever to stay connected while you’re busy doing other things.
Go to your favorite podcast app and search “The Dallas Morning News.” Select the podcast of the same name and hit the “Subscribe” or “Follow” button. (Here are quick links to our feed on popular apps such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and I Heart Radio.) You’ll get our daily news roundup, our weekly SportsDay Insider show with hosts Kevin Sherrington, Evan Grant and David Moore; our biweekly examination of the city’s most pressing issues, The Deep Side of Dallas, co-hosted by deputy editorial editor Rudy Bush; and our special audio reports.
Most recently, we’ve launched a new food podcast, Eat Drink D-FW, hosted by Dallas Morning News food editor Erin Booke with food reporters Sarah Blaskovich and Claire Ballor. Each week, our food journalists dish, debate and analyze local restaurant news, food and drink trends, tips for cooking and shopping, and other obsessions. You’ll also hear from chefs, farmers and foodies like yourself as we explore the people who make D-FW one of the most vibrant, diverse and ambitious food scenes in the country. Search for “Eat Drink D-FW” wherever you get your podcasts, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
To start tell your Alexa, "Enable The Dallas Morning News" skill.
Once you do that, ask Alexa to "Open The Dallas Morning News" and you'll hear the most recent briefings at any time.
Google Home and Google Assistant
No skill enabling required. To get our news updates, you can say:
- Hey Google, talk to The Dallas Morning News.
- Hey Google, read The Dallas Morning News.
Alexa Flash Briefing
You can also set The Dallas Morning News to be your flash briefing. This is a little more involved and will require the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
First you need to enable Flash Briefing on your Alexa-enabled Amazon device:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and click the menu on the top left.
2. Tap "Settings." It's at the bottom.
3. Scroll down until you see "Flash Briefing" under "Alexa Preferences."
4. Tap the plus sign next to “Add Content.”
5. Tap the magnifying glass on the top right and search for “The Dallas Morning News.”
6. Tap "The Dallas Morning News" and tap "Enable to Use."
7. Once you do that, go back to the Flash Briefing (Steps 1-3) and tap "Edit" on the top right. Drag The Dallas Morning News to the top.
Ask Alexa to read your Flash Briefing.
Here are some of the commands you can use:
- Alexa, read The Dallas Morning News.
- Alexa, what's my flash briefing?
- Alexa, what's the news?
To get our news updates, you can say:
- Play the podcast The Dallas Morning News.
Become a member of The Dallas Morning News
Help support our audio storytelling and get the best in local journalism by becoming a member. Here’s a special offer just for listeners.