newsElections

Here’s how to register to vote in Richardson’s $190 million bond election ahead of Monday deadline

The Nov. 2 ballot will include decisions on a $190 million bond package on streets, public buildings, sidewalks, drainage and parks, and eight Texas constitutional amendments.

The Richardson city bond proposal presents five propositions for voters to consider, and the deadline to register to vote is Monday, Oct. 4.

Voter registration applications must be postmarked or brought in person to the county registrar’s office by the end of business hours Oct. 4 in order to participate in the bond election, according to the city’s website.

Residents can get a registration application at Richardson City Hall, 411 W Arapaho Rd., and the Richardson Public Library, 900 Civic Center Dr. Applications are also available online but will need to be printed out and mailed.

The proposed $190 million bond package include streets, public buildings, sidewalks, drainage and parks. In addition to the bond proposal, the November ballot will include decisions on eight Texas constitutional amendments.

Election Day is Nov. 2, and early voting runs Oct. 18 to Oct. 29. More information can be found here.

Cecilia Lenzen, Special Contributor. Cecilia Lenzen is a freelance reporter covering Richardson for The Dallas Morning News. She is a senior at UT-Arlington, where she is studying journalism. She spent three years working at the student newspaper, The Shorthorn, and her reporting has also appeared in the Fort Worth Report, D Magazine, Dallas Observer and other Texas news outlets.

cecilialenzen@gmail.com cecilia__lenzen
Breaking News

Get the breaking news

Get email alerts on breaking news stories as soon as they happen.

By signing up you agree to our privacy policy